In 1735, our North Valley was divided into two townships, Hopewell and Pennsboro, both part of Lancaster County at that time.
As early as 1741, taxes were collected in the east and west subdivision of Pennsboro and in 1745 East Pennsboro incorporated from Pennsboro Township. In 1750, Cumberland County was formed, follwed by Franklin County in 1784, and Adams County in 1800.
From its inception, East Pennsboro went through many changes. Allen Township incorporated in 1766, with Silver Spring and Hampden townships following after in 1787 and 1845.
As the villages within East Pennsboro grew, they too incorporated; Camp Hill in 1885, West Fairview in 1910, and Wormleysburg in 1916.
On November 4, 1952, East Pennsboro Township became a first class township.