The History of the Oyster Mill Bridge

On July 3, 1846, James and Eliza McCormick sold a Grist and Clover Mill and 17 acres of land to John K. Heck. ¬†Bridgens Map of 1858 locates the Mill directly across from the Conodoguinet Creek from the Oyster Mill, known today as the Oyster Mill Playhouse. About 1848, Mr. Heck and his neighbors had … Continue reading The History of the Oyster Mill Bridge

Advertisements

The Nail Museum

In 2003, Historical Society member Thomas Crognale, while on a vacation trip in Massachusetts, visited the Tremont Nail Company a working nail mill manufacturing plant. In 1819, the plant was owned by Isaac and Jared Pratt. These men owned the Harrisburg Nail Works from 1842 to 1859. The Harrisburg Nail Works was located along the … Continue reading The Nail Museum